Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Accessing InformationItem Description for flow

Home Forums eaDocX queries Accessing InformationItem Description for flow

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather Wallace
    Participant

Hi,

In a document section that deals with a specific component, I want to add a table of the names and descriptions of data elements it passes via information flows to other components.

The relationship attributes allow me to put the name in a table (using the InformationItems option), but there is no InformationItem Description option.

I thought I would be able to handle the conveyed InformationItem as a related element, but there seems to be no way to navigate to the conveyed InformaitonItem.

Any suggestions?

Heather

eadocX Support
    Participant

I see your problem.
    This whole InformationItem thing is a corner of EA which I’ve not visited before.
    As you say, you can print the InformationItem.name, or a hyperlink to the InformationItem, but these appear like attributes of the underlying connector, not elements in their own right.
    I can’t quite see how to do this, as it upsets some quite fundamental parts of eaDocX.
    One work around might be to use the Hyperlink option, then get eaDocX to print a Element Report, Cross-reference style, which will print all the items which you reference via the Information Item.
    I’ll have another dig around for v3.4, but I’m not confident…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download