Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Attribute Excel export and tagged values

Home Forums eaDocX queries Attribute Excel export and tagged values

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,

I discussed a while ago about exporting attributes tagged values to Excel, see
    forum post.

I noticed that eaDocX doesn’t behave the same way when:
    – you run the attributes export from a single class’ attribute
    – you run it on several classes

In the first scenario, eaDocX lists all attributes tagged values in the columns tab whereas in the second scenario, it doesn’t display them.
    As a result I need to generate 2 excel files and manually add my tagged values to the columns (and update hidden data in a dedicated cell..) to update a collection of attributes with appropriate TV.

Would it be possible to give the option to have all tagged values from all attributes found in the Columns tab to export those that are needed when the export is run on a package?
    I tried this both on an EAP and a Postgres DB EA project.

thanks

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

In addition to the above, if I try to use a template to export all attributes with selected tagged value, it doesn’t work as they’re not recognised (the Columns tab has no TV displayed).
    Intead the Excel is replaced with the default selection so I have no way to export all classes attributes with my tagged values. The best I can get currently is to export all the attributes from a single class.

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,

The process requiring the above enhancements still apply. Any chance or lead time before this topic could be looked at for a future eaDocX release?

Thanks

Guillaume Finance
    Participant

Hi,

Can you let me know if the above will be taken into account in eaDocX 4?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download