Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Class attributes in eaXL

Home Forums eaDocX queries Class attributes in eaXL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Melissa Ray
    Participant

I must be missing something simple.

I am trying to use eaXL to create a spreadsheet of the descriptions of all the classes and attributes in a large class model so Subject Matter Experts can type in the correct descriptions.

When I choose select all or manually choose package, class and attribute on the eaXL menu I never see the attributes appear – just the packages and the classes.

How do I choose the attributes within a class?

Melissa Ray
    Participant

Revision of my question

I know I can right click on a package full of classes and see all the attributes of each class.

In my case all the packages are then grouped together into one larger package and so forth up a hierarchy.

What I really need to be able to do is click on the parent package and for eaXL to recurse through the child packages and display all the grandchild attributes in one big Excel spreadsheet.

Really, I should be able to click on the root-most Model node and get all of the descendant structure.

That’s what I expected, anyway.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I created a simple hierarchy of packages and classes, then opened the top-most package using the ‘open ALL in Excel’ option.
    This did seem to give me all the attributes of all the classes in all the packages. And I can edit the descriptions of each attribute, if I choose to export that data as well.
    So I’m confused as to what you did?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download