Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Closing eaDocX closes ALL instances of Word

Home Forums eaDocX queries Closing eaDocX closes ALL instances of Word

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I have just experienced something which has happened before and I would like to alert eaDocX users

I have a document opened in Word which I am editing

At the same time I have EA and eaDocX opened (different and unrelated document), I finish editing and generating using eaDocX so I close the eaDocX Window and ….

ALL instances of Word close WITHOUT saving my other document hence loosing all me edits :angry:

Not sure if this is the same for all users or just me, but something to be aware of

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Phil,
    This must be a new ‘feature’ of Word 2013, as we took great care NOT to so this when we first created eaDocX with Office 2010.
    Nothing has changed in eaDocX to do this, but I’ll have a look to see if there is anything we can do to Word to stop it. I agree – not friendly behavior.

Doug Blake
    Participant

This happened to me today. :angry:

eadocX Support
    Participant

Sorry chaps – but nothing we can do. Must be a change within Word 2013. WE haven’t changed this bit of eaDocX for years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download