Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Collaboration edition email settings error

Home Forums eaDocX queries Collaboration edition email settings error

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Garry Stewart
    Participant

I’m trying to get the collaboration edition to sent review emails. Clicking the “email settings” button gets an error as follows.

Also, when sending emails it seems like they are sent but nothing is received. Who is sending the email, my client machine, or the web server? If it’s the web server, what do I need to enable to get outbound email?

eadocX Support
    Participant

This function was shipped in version 3.7, but has been discontinued in v3.8, due to customer feedback. We don’t normally remove function form eaDocX, so i’ll explain why…

In Collaboration Edition, we allow you to email the reviewers of a document with a URL, which they can click to review the document.
    In 3.7, this URL was document-version AND reviewer specific, so we built this email-sending function to make this easier.
    Feedback from customers told us this this was too complicated: they were continually sending emails to each reviewer as each document version was issued.
    So – using an idea from an early customer – in 3.8 we use the same URL for ALL versions of a document, for ALL users.
    So, once you have sent users the URL for the document, they can bookmark it. Or, you can put the URL on to an intranet page, and it will be good for all versions.
    We also added the capability to enable a document for ‘guest’ access, so people can access the document and add comment without being a named reviewer. This is good for documents which have already been approved, and where you’d like anyone who spots an error to be able to comment on it.
    So, we no longer need this elaborate email-sending function (which was hard to set up anyway, as you are discovering).
    We suggest you download v3.8 of eaDocX, and its new Web server.
    Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download