Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Conditional filtering for tables

Home Forums eaDocX queries Conditional filtering for tables

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frank Ertl
    Participant

Hi,

is it possible to filter table entries by stereotype?

The situation is as follows:

We have some GUI-Prototypes defined with GUIElements and added a tagged value “Datasource” to the elements where we connect the GUIElement with attributes in our domainmodel.
    Unfortunately when I want a table to be rendered below the uidiagram containing only the mappings between input fields and domainmodel all GUIElements are shown (containers like GroupBoxes, labels, etc.). :pinch:
    So I tried to attach a second stereotype to the inputelements and output only these. But as I read in another thread eaDocX does not support multiple stereotypes.
    How can I achieve what I want?
    And: Conditional formatting using StereotypeEx is no option, I do not want labels an so on appear in the report.

Regards Frank

eadocX Support
    Participant
    Frank Ertl
    Participant

Sorry guys, but this answer was definitely not helpful.

First: I already read this section in search of what I could do.
    Second: In the preview there is nothing shown I could exclude in the table of the GUIElements. Please see the attached screenshots.

PS: Even if it would work the way that you suggested: you seriously can’t be honest that I should manually do exclusions for nearly 200 screen-prototypes, when a simple filtering in the profile depending on stereotype could do…

eadocX Support
    Participant

Where does the table of GUIElements come from ? If they are a simple list, then create a ‘do not print’ profile for the stereotype will exclude them. Are they being printed as items which are related to something else, via a relationship? If so, you can also restrict the target element type.
    Also, if you are printing a list which comes from navigating a relationship, then you can get the profile of the source element to “Add Related element”. This will print the target element(s) using their normal profile. if that profile is ‘table’ then the target elements will print as a table. If ‘do not print’ then they will be excluded.

Frank Ertl
    Participant

I tried the last option you mentioned in the beginning with the attached result.

However, the good news is that after closing EA and restarting EA and eaDocX everything worked as expected. 🙂
    Seems to be a bug in refreshing the model that only occurs under certain circumstances because in other situations changeing profiles worked without a restart.

Sorry if I sounded a little pissed, but after trying for nearly 3 hours to complete such a simple task, when after all I was rigtht from the beginning but didn’t do a restart, was a little bit too much. 😉

Have a nice weekend!

eadocX Support
    Participant

😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download