Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Diagram Sizes / Positions

Home Forums eaDocX queries Diagram Sizes / Positions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Doug Blake
    Participant

Depending on whats actually in a diagram, the relative size of text etc can vary enormously when diagrams eventually make it into Word. How about being able to select a percentage to be applied to each diagram. Could be from the context menu in the preview and saved in the profile. This would allow us to finetune a consistent look.

Also being able to choose right / centre / left to position the diagram

eadocX Support
    Participant

You can already do the last bit.
    There’s a setting in the Document settings, Diagram Settings, Word style for Diagram Picture.
    If you create a new word paragraph style which is centered, left or right justified, then this will be applied to the image.
    As for the first bit, I’m still trying to persuade Sparx to open up the diagram API to let eaDocX use some of the features which they use in the RTF generator, like splitting large diagrams. I’ll have a look a simple scaling, but it’s yet another addition to what’s becoming a crowded eaDocX UI.

Doug Blake
    Participant

I see the options you have but they aren’t on a diagram by diagram basis.

From your comment about a busy GUI, are we to glean that new features are going to be fewer and harder to get? 🙁

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’ll have a look at making a diagram-specific option.

The other point about the UI is to make sure we don’t end up with a UI which is cluttered up with every little twiddly requirement which anyone has ever asked for. Hence introducing scripting support in v3.4, so the serious eaDocX-er can create wild and wonderful output, if they have the time & skills.
    Doesn’t mean no more new stuff!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download