Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Diagrams on more than one page, no scaling

Home Forums eaDocX queries Diagrams on more than one page, no scaling

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roos Bultink
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new to using EAdocx and I’m searching for a way to work with large diagrams. Preferably I want them not to be scaled, but spread over more pages whenever necessary.

Although I read some alarming forum post about it not being possible about 6 months ago due to the API of EA, I was wondering if there is a solution yet. Or if not, does anyone have suggestions for a good way of working with this (I work with over 70 diagrams).

Thanks in advance for any tips or hints.

eadocX Support
    Participant

There is still no work from Sparx about making the ‘split diagrams’ function available via the public API.
    I have had a look at doing it manually (i.e. in eaDocX code) but it’s REALLY complicated: need to understand all the geometry of the whole diagram, and all the shapes and connectors.
    So, until Sparx support it, this function will not be available.

Not that it helps you directly, but there’s lots of wisdom out there which suggest that any diagram which is so big that it needs multiple pages is possibly in need of simplification, into several smaller ones, which are easier for readers to understand.

Roos Bultink
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sure, for most applications I agree on the diagram size statement, however it is not an option in this case.

So still looking for a way to work with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download