Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocx Compatibility with MSExcel 2007and Windows7

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Support
    Participant

Hello

Thanks for the additional information, however from your description I can read many different scenarios – it would probably help if you can email us an example as well as the report spreadsheets that you have produced, this will allow us to share some common ground, view what you are starting with and make it easier to make suggestions on how to achieve what you want (assuming we can do it :laugh: )

If you can email the snippet (xmi or eap) to support@eadocx.com that would be great.

Thanks

Sudhakar
    Participant

Thanks for the reply

I have attached the screen shots of the model. In report i want the details related to Component 1,2,3, and 4. It should not include the details regarding the Component 5,6,7 and 8

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hello Sudhakar,

Thanks for the screenshots which explain the situation.

To start with if you have a diagram selected and initiate the eaDocX/eaXL export then it will ALWAYS output all elements of the diagram. The export from a diagram is intended to allow users to group elements in a different way than their structure and output a consolidated set.

To output the elements you require – i.e. to output the “level1” components within the package you:
    1. select the package
    2. Then from either
    – the main Extensions menu select “eaDocX | eaXL | Open package”
    or
    – using the right click context menu in the project browser “Extension | eaDocX | eaXL | Open in Excel”

This will produce a new Tab within EA and populate with the initial level of elements in the package i.e. the owner package and components 1,2,3,4 – not their children

Which is what I think you want.

If you did wish to then change what is included – for example:

– to remove package elements from output then uncheck “package” in the “Elements” Tab
    – to modify required columns on the “Columns” tab
    – to include children then check the “Output Child Elements” on the “Columns” tab.

I hope that helps and you are able to produce the information you require.

Any other questions do ask.

BR

eaDocX support

Sudhakar
    Participant

Hi,

Thank Zou for the reply.

That worked.

I have slightly different requirement.
    Now i have activity partitions between components. I have attached the picture.

So from the picture
    In report i want details related to components 1,2,3 and 4 only.

Is there any we can use some other element then Activity partision which will help in generating the report
    Also is there any way we can filter components 5 and 6 based on some conditions like Version=$ or %

Thank You

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi,

In terms of your new requirement I am sorry to say that, within the current export rules we have within eaDocX, we are not able to restrict the depth of children that we output.

One option would be to replace your Activity Partitions with Packages – see attached screenshots which illustrate the structure in the project browser, a diagram and the output that you would see if you output from the package “Component test”
    In this way you will then be able to select not to include the children. Often a package is a better way to partition information.

Would this work within your model? or is there a specific reason for needed to enclosure the components within elements?

Regards

eaDocX support

Sudhakar
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the reply. Tool is very good.

I have added few Tag Values for components in my diagram. Some of the tag values have hyperlinks.
    But when i export the detailsin excel it is coming as normal text. Is there any where i can export as details as hyperlink so that on click it will open the url.

One way is to add the hyperlink after export. But i have many fields. So it will better if we can do all together.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sudhakar Kamat

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your feedback and glad that you are finding the tool useful.

With respect to the output of tagged values we currently assume that they are string values and hence do not support the formatting that could be achieved through the use of the type information used with “Predefined Structured Types”. Support for these types is on our wish list and your suggestion of setting the hyperlink within the cell for “URL” types would make sense.

Keep an eye out for this support in our release notes.

Best regards

Sudhakar
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Our purchasing department need some details.

Can please give us the details regarding each of the four different licenses mentioned.

Details like different features and terms will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sudhakar Kamat

Hello Sudhakar

We offer 2 licence editions, Professional and Corporate. Both come as either standard or floating.

To decide which of Professional and Corporate editions is best for you I suggest you check out the FAQ article or compare the features here

Standard licences are fixed – for use by a single user on a single machine.
    Floating licences are for several users to share – they will need access to a shared server. There is a guide to help you decide which type will work best for you in this FAQ article. You can also check out the Floating licence user guide for more information.

Once you’ve chosen, then just select the quantity and number of years support that you need…

Regards
    Jackie

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download