Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX Profile and Content Links Lost!

Home Forums eaDocX queries eaDocX Profile and Content Links Lost!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Donald Bergquist
    Participant

Has anyone gotten this?

No eaDocX Profile In This Document

This file doesn’t seem to contain an eaDocX profile. This is because it’s never been used by eaDocX before. Chose a document profile to use as a starting point for this document. Once you’ve chosen one, you can then customize it to how you’d like your document to look.

The problem is that there WAS a profile on this and I HAD been working with this document in eaDocX before. I was working on this document before I left for the evening yesterday and had only a few things left to do to it… But time came for me to leave so I generated, saved, and went home.

I came in this morning, opened it and got this. ARGH!!!! (eaDocX Can be SO much fun!)

Does anyone have any clues as to what this is, why I would be getting it, and (most importantly) what to do to recover all the work I was doing yesterday? Please tell me I don’t have to start over again from the blank template!

I exited the document and checked it directly through MS Word, the tags are all present and appear to be intact.

I did what the error message suggested and even though my links are all intact, there is no content in my sections! Oh, and mysteriously, there are about a dozen blank pages added to the end of my document that weren’t there when I save it. All that is on each page is a single paragraph mark. I have checked the properties of the document and I was the last one to update it and the time on the file is the time I saved it last night.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what caused this and how to fix it?

eadocX Support
    Participant

What seems to have happened is that the eaDocX Profile, which is stored at the bottom of the Word document, has been deleted. This can happen when you delete blank pages at the end of a document, or do other tidying-up, espevcially if done outside of eaDocX.
    That’s why when the document is opened in eaDocX, even though the Profile is in a hidden text Word field, we make all hidden text visible, so you remember not to delete it.
    Ideally, we’d hide the eaDocX profile in another part of the Word document, but this is a Word 2007+ capability, so we’d have to leave behind our customers who have to use Word 2003.
    Sorry, but there is no fix for this, expect to revert to a previously saved version of the document (Word Autosave?). If you’re using eaDocX Corporate Edition with Document Management enabled, each new version will be saved as a separate file, so going back one version is a little less painful, but that doesn’t help you right now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download