Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries “Error generating document” with eaDocX 3.6.2.1

Home Forums eaDocX queries “Error generating document” with eaDocX 3.6.2.1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christoph Brehm
    Participant

I’ve just installed version 3.6.2.1. At the end of the document generation I get the attached error message box every time. It seems the document is still generated correctly, but I need to save it manually.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Sorry about this. It’s caused by eaDocX looking for a new method which was shipped with ea V12, build 12, which allows your eaDocX documents inside EA.
    Can you try deleting the file EA Interop.dll from your eaDocX install directory: this should let eaDocX discover what version you are running, and only call this method if you’re on the right EA version. We mistakenly included this DLL which fools eaDocX into thinking you are using the latest EA version. I’m not in the office at the moment, so I can’t test this. Please can you reply here if this fix works.

Christoph Brehm
    Participant

I tried it, but it didn’t help.

What I did: I closed EA, deleted Interop.EA.dll from the eaDocX folder, started EA again, and re-ran the Word generator.

There is another Interop.EA.dll in the EA folder. If I delete that one, EA just reinstalls it during the next start.

BTW I’m using EA 11.1.1111

Pinank
    Participant

Has there been a resolution for this error? I am getting the same error as shown in the screen shot below.

Christoph Brehm
    Participant

I updated to version 3.6.2.3 and I’ve not experienced the error since the update.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Thanks @cbrehm.
    By far the best solution to this is to upgrade EA to the latest V12 build.
    But if you’re not able to do this, I suggest re-installing eaDocX. Hopefully this will make sure that the DLL is removed from any DLL caches.

bob
    Participant

I am using EA build 12.10 and eaDocX 3.6.2.7 and I get the same issue.
    I cant generate any documents.

eadocX Support
    Participant

You’re going to have to give me a few more clues…..

bob
    Participant

Hi I got the same message as this guy gets when I tried to generate any documents. Regardless of weather they were newly created or old documents.

A bit of reserch later and it appears that the updated calls you refer to didnt arrive untill build 2012. Latest update is 2015 so I upgraded and now all is well.

Thanks for the prompt reply anyway.

Christoph Brehm
    Participant

I’ve just upgraded eaDocX and now I’m hit with this bug again.

EA Version: 11.1.1111
    eaDocX Version: 3.6.3.1

At the end of the document generation, when the document is supposed to be saved, I get the error message in the attachment.

eadocX Support
    Participant

as per previous reply, only solution is to either downgrade eaDocX, or upgrade EA to v12 build 1215 or higher.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download