Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error in opening Excel Workbook

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error in opening Excel Workbook

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi Adrian,

Changing my regional settings to English does the job. However that is not how I intend to work. I want my own regional settings.
    According to msft, the one who call Excel can specify parameters. I suppose EADocX can cll excel with the regional settings of the user iso English.

I can get EADocX fully functional by tweaking my reg. settings.
    But when can I expect an update of EADocX ?

Wkr
    Werner

Adrian Support
    Participant

Hi Werner,

Many thanks for checking and confirming that changing the regional settings ensures that eaDocX works fine. I hope you like what you see and that you see how useful eaDocX can be.

And you are correct that we can make calls to Excel and specifying regional settings to overcome this issue; I did some simple tests using these API’s. However we still need to review all Use Cases relating to our interactions with Excel as well as ensure that in other environments we don’t have a negative impact. So still some checking to do; it could be a bit dangerous to just apply a quick fix – and potentially upset others;-)

Don’t have a date yet but will be flagged when we do.

BR

Adrian

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download