Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error with eaDocX installation

Home Forums eaDocX queries Error with eaDocX installation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alex Yakovlev
    Participant

The installation of eaDocX fails with error “The system cannot open the device or file specified”.

The Sparx EA itself installs without issues..

What could be the problem?

Alex Yakovlev
    Participant

As a workaround solution for the issue with the installation.

Is it possible to deploy the eaDocX without installation package.. For example, add-on examples provided by Sparx allow to deploy add-ons by copying add-on into a file system on the pc and updating registry manually.

Is it possible to deploy the eaDocX add-on in similar way through updating registry manually?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Are you using a full install of Office 2003, 2007 or 2010? Also, did you install EA first, then eaDocX?
    We have seen problems with the version of Word which install new features as you use them (can’t remmber what Microsoft call it). This version usually produces atrange erros like this.
    Please confirm:
    – Office Version
    – OS
    – EA version

Alex Yakovlev
    Participant

– Office Version

– OS
    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

– EA version

This office version is standard corporate edition.

This is a corporate laptop, hard drive is encrypted and my profile has strange access rights – I can install/uninstall applications but only into one special folder.

It seems the eaDocX install packages tries to update something my profile does not have access rights to. As I mentioned in my original post, the Sparx “native” add-ons install without issues. As Sparx add-ons do not use .NET, I think the issue might be that my profile does not have access to open/update some .NET file.

Any chance to overcome this?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Difficult for us to fix this one, without access to a machine with exactly the same setup and access rights are yours.
    eaDocX needs access to the .NET files, as that what we use for our user interface, so they are quite important!
    Can you determine which part of the application is causing the error?
    Also, try the Installation Verification test:
    EA menu | Extensions | eaDocX | Help | Check installation.
    This tests the lowest-level EA and Word interfaces, to make sure they are configured OK. You should get a very simple Word document produced. If this doesn’t work, then there’s no point continuting until the problem is fixed: eaDocX can’t talk to EA or Word.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download