Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Find in Document

Home Forums eaDocX queries Find in Document

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Doug Blake
    Participant

Using V3.3.7.0
    My Word documents are getting larger so I have been trying to use the Preview window to navigate to the correct area in the document via the RMC context menu item [Find in document]. However it doesn’t seem to work. Is there something else I need to do?

eadocX Support
    Participant

The eaDocX ‘Find in Document’ function just finds the section, not each individual element within a section. This is because only the Section has its own Word bookmark: with the elements, we try to reduce the number of Word bookmarks to just those that are needed, as this makes generation quicker.

Doug Blake
    Participant

So how about renaming the menu item [Find Section in document] or adding an altText item to describe the operation

• This reply was modified 11 years ago by Doug Blake.
    eadocX Support
    Participant

Good idea.
    It’ll be in the next maintenance release

Doug Blake
    Participant

I have since found out that not having a navigation pane in the word windows means I cant search my word document while in EA, the search entry is made at the top of the navigation pane. Is this something you are looking at adding back in?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I don’t know why the Word Navigation option has gone – if it was eaDocX, we didn’t mean to do it..
    (just to be clear, we’re talking about the Word / View / Navigation Pane (checkbox).
    I don’t remember at what point it disappeared from my Dev. machine, but it has all kinds of strange stuff running on it, so this happens all the time.
    On my laptop, which has no dev environment, it works OK, and both are running MS Office 2010 Professional, but with LOTS of other differences.

Doug Blake
    Participant

I can never get that pane to come up when in eaDocX. The only things I had running yesterday were EA, eaDocX, Outlook, Explorer and Word apart from the usual background stuff that companies insist on like Anti-virus, Asset Management etc.

Phillip Khaiat
    Participant

If you select Editing | Find | Advanced Find you can search your Word document within eaDocX. No idea why Find/-F doesn’t work in there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download