Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Gap Matrix Report

Home Forums eaDocX queries Gap Matrix Report

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Zhang
    Participant

Hello,

1. I created a EA Gap Analysis Matrix and saved as Profile “EA Test GAP Analysis”.
    2. Then I created a document using eaDocX, tried to Insert>Report..>Gap Matrix, then select the Gap Matrices created in step1. click Save to continue.
    3. I tried to generate full document but the Gap Matrix report section is empty.

I used EA v11.1.1111, eaDocX v3.5.0.4 and MS Word 2010 32bit full. Did I miss any steps? Does eaDocX v3.5.0.4 support this feature or it is about something else?

Thank you in advance for any help!

eadocX Support
    Participant

You were doing everything right – we just forgot to add this feature into 3.5, and there was no test case.
    I’ve added it back in, and it’s in 3.5.0.5, now available on the website.
    Thanks for spotting this – it’s not a bit of EA I ever use!

Michael Zhang
    Participant

Thank you. With v3.5.0.5, it can generate GAP analysis report now. when I right click the Gap Analysis report name in the section then click “Show Profile”, it doesn’t show anything.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Michael Zhang.
    eadocX Support
    Participant

You’re right – ‘Show Profile’ isn’t hooked-up quite right – just double-click on the icon of the GapMatrix to change which matrix is being printed. At the moment, that’s the only vaiation we support, so the colours etc are fixed. Sorry.

Michael Zhang
    Participant

It looks current Gap Analysis Report generated by eaDocX doesn’t include child components, in my case, it missed some components defined in EA Gap profile in baseline and target. How to include all of components (including child components) defined in EA GAP analysis into eaDocX section, or because of something else or it will be available in next release?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Michael Zhang.
    eadocX Support
    Participant

We tried to implement exactly what you see in EA: I don’t see a way in the EA Gap Matrix to show the children of items: what exactly are you aiming for? You can email an XMI fragment and a doc to support@eadocx.com and I’ll have a look.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download