Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Hyperlinks from UC scenario description issue

Home Forums eaDocX queries Hyperlinks from UC scenario description issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Juraj Bezdek
    Participant

Some hyperlinks from element notes gets into final documetn and some not…
    I don’t see any clue why.

I don’t use structured scenario. I put all the text in to scenario Description. I link mentioned (Included) UseCases in that scenario.
    In final document some hyperlinks are OK, and some text (which was marked as hyperlink in EA and in EA is corectly shown as hyperlink) is printed in final document as plain text.

Any idea?

Here is example where hyperlink doesn’t work:

(I had had the similan situation in this particular UC , but the first link was OK – I don’t know what changet, now any of links in this scenario description does not print corectly)

I tried to re-set these hyperlinks … but I could not get them to print corectly.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Strange…
    Please can you email a little piece of your model to support@eadocx.com, and I’ll have a look. Adding hyperlinks in this way isn’t something we’ve seen before, so not surprised it’s a bit odd.
    Ian

Juraj Bezdek
    Participant

Ouch.
    Sorry for that, it was my fault. I didn’t notice that these UseCases wasn’t included into my document. In RTF generation EA print these link even though. I was used to these links, so I didn’t check this .
    (Actualy I was using this “feature” … they didn’t work, but only until i finalized whole document and paste there elements from another RTF generated document)

You obviously clean these links.

But another question comes with this. Why (or how) can’t I print “nested UseCases” ? I meen one UseCase is “under” another in project browser.
    (As a matter of fact this is the reason why these UseCases wasn’t included into my document)

eadocX Support
    Participant

You can print ‘nested use cases’, though I personally never use them – not sure what it means for one use case to be ‘inside’ another.
    Just get use cases to print their Children.

Juraj Bezdek
    Participant

Thanks,

… I used UC hierarchy with auto-level numbering…. to get something like this:

UC1 – Base UseCase
    UC1.1 – Derived UseCase 1
    UC1.2 – Derived UseCase 2

… in RTF gerenation I user this level to put IDs to them…

… I suppose there is no option to do this in eaDocx… (Because there is no way to put some static string before prefix)…
    (I am not asking this as a feature… EA should have usable Auto name counters… but it haven’t )

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download