Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Hyperlinks on diagram elements?

Home Forums eaDocX queries Hyperlinks on diagram elements?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Dubois
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to create hyperlinks on elements of a diagram? I’d basically like to be able to click on a box in a diagram and be taken to the relevant section describing that element in the document. I’m not sure that it’s even possible but that would sure be nice.

Thanks.

Patrick

eadocX Support
    Participant

Thanks Patrick,
    We have tried a couple of time to make this work, as it’s one of the very best features of the EA native HTML output, and a very user-friendly way of navigating around a document.
    Where we reached a dead-end was in finding a way, in a graphic in a Word document, to make some of the areas ‘hot’ i.e. having hyperlinks attached to them, as you can do with HTML graphics. We already have all the code to do the geometry for figuring out which parts of the image relate to which EA elements, and a way of relating those to elements in your document, but it’s that first bit we can’t crack. If you know of a way, please let me know, and it will be in eaDocX as soon as we can code it!

Patrick Dubois
    Participant

Thanks for the info, glad to know that you’re trying to make it work. It seems that it’s possible to create hot spots within an image with this trick:
    http://www.passion4geography.co.uk/sln%20resources/createhotspots.doc

That would really be a cool feature if you could make it work.

Happy new year!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download