Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Including a tagged value as a bookmark

Home Forums eaDocX queries Including a tagged value as a bookmark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Whiston
    Participant

This is a long shot but would save me a great deal of time.
    We are using the DOORS integration for EA and I am tracing requirements to use cases.
    When I generate my document I have a section in my use cases that says that the use case is implementing some requirement IDs – eaDocX does this beautifully.
    What I would like to do is to identify these requirement IDs as Word bookmarks.
    This is linked with another tool we have created that enables us to automatically have a trace attibute in DOORS that shows how requirements are implemented.
    At the moment I use a macro to search for requirement IDs and convert them to bookmarks – it works but I also include the tag values elsewhere in the document and I don’t want these instances converted to bookmarks so I have to go through interactively saying whether to convert them or not. Okay but time consuming each time I generate the document.

So the question is can I insert a tag value as a bookmark?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Short answer is no – we try to keep the number of bookmarks down to a minimum, as each one involves a call to Word to create it, and that kills-off performance.
    BUT
    If when you print an element and you also have a link TO that element somewhere else in the document, then we do create a bookmark for the target element: that’s how the internal hyperlinking works. So there IS a bookmark in the word document, but it made from a Hash of the GUID (i think) so may not be readable.
    but in one respect you were spot-on : this WAS a long shot… B)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download