Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Lost Formatting

Home Forums eaDocX queries Lost Formatting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Doug Blake
    Participant

I have lost some information in the profile and don’t know how to get it back.

Using BPMN2 Activities, I removed the formatting for Next Activity, (see below)

1.1 Eureka!! (New idea)
    An idea can be put forward / generated from anyone in the company and may be the result of a research project.
    Next activity:: Gather and Analyse Market Information

and I don’t know how to get it back.

A useful feature would be to have the Add Element feature scan the model and apply a default format in the same way a new section does, instead of giving you an empty profile.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Doug – I don’t quite follow what you’re asking for here.
    When you say the information is ‘lost’ do you mean it doesn’t appear in the Profile list ?
    As for the Add Element function, I have thought about using an existing element type/stereotype as a kind of template for the new one. Is that what you mean?
    So, if I have an element Wibble, with an Profile forun-stereotyped and <>Wibbels, , and I want to create Profile for <>Wibble, eaDocX would offer me the chance to base the <>Wibble on the format of the un-stereotyped Wibble, or on the <>Wibble.
    Is this what you mean ?

Doug Blake
    Participant

Sorry to have been less than precise.

When I initially create the document, the model is scanned to provide default formatting for the elements found. For a BPMN <>Activity, one of the items a format is provided for is Next Activity. I rather hastily deleted this from the profile and now I dont know how to re-instate it.

I thought “remove Activity from the profiles and add it back in” but doing that gives me an empty profile with no Next Activity, hence the feature request. Adding new elements to the profile list should be the same as when you start a new document and the model is scanned. Would save a lot of work.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah – I see.
    If you’ve used eaDocX to auto-populate the Profile, as you describe, then you get a whole load of stuff – useful and no-so-useful. Like you, I also use this to generate an initial document, then just delete the bits I don’t want.

It would be quite hard to do an ‘un-do’ on this – it’s a very stateful process!

To get back your particular example, Activity elements link to their ‘next’ Activity elements, using a directional ‘ControlFlow’ connector.

eaDocX will do its best to help you re-create this: look at the Profile for Activity, add an attribute of a related element, choose ‘ControlFlow’ as the relationship type, and the appropriate Direction for the connector, and Activity as the Target element. This should get it back.

This detailed knowledge of your metamodel is what we’re trying to save you from by having the auto-populated Profile!

Doug Blake
    Participant

Thanks Ian, I have since gone berserk adding related elements!!

But this has lead to another (small) issue. If in a profile for an activity for instance, there is no description just the Description header is printed.

If I insert Next Activity formatting, the text (none) is printed after the header text. This isn’t consistent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download