Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries MSWord Panes can’t display after using EAdocX

Home Forums eaDocX queries MSWord Panes can’t display after using EAdocX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Donna Marcotte
    Participant

I’m a relatively new EAdocX user, currently using Version 3.5.2.1 with Office 2010.

I opened a document in EAdocX (the doc was generated by a colleague with both Word and EAdocX content). I didn’t really “do” anything in the document; I just kind of clicked around to see how things work. I might have “re-generated/updated” the EAdocX part of the document.

Now, when I open MSWord, none of the “panes” in Word display: e.g.the Navigation Pane, the Search Pane, or the Styles Pane. For example, If i go to View tab, I can see the checkbox to display the Navigation pane (it is NOT grayed) but it can’t be checked to display the pane.

Has anyone else had this problem and do they know how to fix it?

I know this is technically a Word question, but the problem happened AFTER I used EAdocX, so I think it is related to EAdocX. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Donna

Frank Ertl
    Participant

Hi,

I had the same problem sometimes but I cannot reproduce it always. My solution was to delete the registry keys located under HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0WordData
    After that action Word was working ok.

Regards,
    Frank

Donna Marcotte
    Participant

Hi Frank–thank you so much!
    With your info one of my colleagues (techier than I am) was able to help me solve this problem!

I have Office2010. He walked me through using RegEdit to “reset Word” to factory settings.
    (I can provide more details if anyone needs them.)

I deleted all the settings (instead of trying all the different subfolders) so I lost all my “recently used files” etc. But it was worth it to get my Nav and Style panes back.

I cannot thank you enough.
    Very kind regards,
    Donna

Doug Blake
    Participant

I reported long ago that once eaDocX is open, these panes are invisible to word within ea and outside if opened after the eaDocX doc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download