Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Multiple documents in a single project

Home Forums eaDocX queries Multiple documents in a single project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Parkhouse
    Participant

I have just started using eaDocX, and so this may be a fairly basic question, apologies…

We want to use Document Management for versioning. However we wish to have multiple documents in one project, for example:
    – a Project Brief document,
    – a Business Requirements doc,
    – a Functional Specification, etc.
    Each one is its own document, with its own versions.

Witin Options and Setting > Repositry Settings there is only one place to define the EA package to hold DM data. Can this one package be used for all documents, or would we need different EA packages for each document?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
    The Repository Setting for the location of the DM document data is just a way for you to set a sensible default e.g. ‘New Documents’. It’s so that, if you use all the defaults, eaDocX knows where in your repository to save the DM data.
    I generally create all the first versions of my documents in the default location, then move them to other Packages.
    I suggest having personal Packages, for each users’ work-in-progress documents, and ‘ready for review’ and ‘final’ Packages as well, and repeat these per-project for multi-project repositories. Moving the eaDocX Document element around does affect how eaDocX DM works: all versions of that document will be creates as children of that element, wherever you’ve put it.
    So really, organise your eaDocX DM Packages however you want!

Jeff Parkhouse
    Participant

Hi Ian

Thanks for the reply. I must admit I am really struggling to get my head around DM. The system isn’t doing what I am expecting, which is probably me not understanding what it should be doing, or it working in a very certain way I need to get my head around. Also found a couple of “issues” which I will raise.

Jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download