Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Multiple tables – output differs but same profile

Home Forums eaDocX queries Multiple tables – output differs but same profile

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Parkhouse
    Participant

Hi

We have come up with a bizarre issue when printing multiple tables but using the same profile.

The situation:
    a) We have several packages containing requirements (they are non-functional requirements). For example:
    NFR (package)
    -Performance (package)
    –Hardware and Operating System(package)
    —NFRCAP1 User load (requirement element, “non-functional” stereotype)
    —NFRCAP2 Throuput (requirement element, “non-functional” stereotype)
    …etc
    –Response Times (package)
    —NFRINT1 System Interfaces (requirement element, “non-functional” stereotype)
    ..etc
    b) We create a single profile for the “requirement” element with 4 columns (alias, name, description and priority). Output is a table.
    c) An eaDocX section is created for the NFR package and child packages mentioned above.

What we get is:
    Within MS Word we get 2 different types of table
    The overall width of the tables are the same
    However the width of the columns differs between them even when they use the same profile!!
    This is repeated in several tables.

What we have tried:
    a) We have created a new profile for the requirement element for the stereotype of “Non-functional”. What this did was move the problem to one package below!
    b) Made sure that the stereotypes were all identical. There are no blank white spaces anywhere, etc.
    c) Tried changing stereotypes for some requirements. Same problem.
    d) Upgraded to 3.6.3.6. Same problem.

See attached screenshots.

Help please.

Thanks
    Jeff and Mike

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Jeff,
    There’s a know issue with Word ‘helping’ by re-sizing columns in tables, so that’s my first guess.
    If you could send me the document and an XMI of JUST the bit of your model where these elements are located, I will try to reproduce & investigate.

eadocX Support
    Participant

I loaded up your example, and re-generated it all, and eaDocX is generating exactly the same HTML for all the tables, in terms of the requested table size. If I re-generate it with just fragments of a few tables, then they all line up perfectly. I can only put this own to Word ‘helping’.
    Sorry I can’t be more help 

Jeff Parkhouse
    Participant

Hi Ian

How bizzarre! Thank you for looking though.

Regards
    Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download