Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Office 2013 Support

Home Forums eaDocX queries Office 2013 Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys

Our company is upgrading to Microsoft Office 2013, before my machine gets its upgrade, can you confirm (or deny 😉 ) that eaDocX does work with Office 2013?

Cheers

Phil

eadocX Support
    Participant

Thanks you for your reply, and I have installed a complete version of Office 2013, not the Click-to-Run installation.

However, eaDocX does not appear to work 🙁

I can open an existing Word document (in Word 2007 format) and as usual eaDocX identifies no profile and request one to be created. This I do (I have tried both the Full Details profile and generating a profile from the model), and all is fine

I add sections and all features work perfectly as expected 🙂

I perform a full generation and the document is generated and saved correctly 🙂

After closing eaDocX and restarting and re-opening the document just generated, it appears to eaDocX that there is no profile and no sections 🙁 🙁 possibly implying that the profile / sections were not saved after document generation.

The dialog for the profile selection is displayed

This happens every time, I have tried saving in Word 2003 format, to no avail, I have tried different profiles, same result. I have tried creating a brand new document in eaDocX, again same result.

I attach the Word document that has been generated from eaDocX using Office 2014 and upon re-opening appears to have no profile

The only installation difference between my previous version of Office and the new Office 2014 installation, is that Office 2014 has been installed as 64bit, whereas my previous version was 32bit.

That cannot be the cause of the problem, or can it?

Any advice more than appreciated.

Best regards

Phil

We are all smiles again!! 🙂 🙂

I uninstalled the 64bit version Office 2013 and installed the 32bit version of Office 2013 and it all works as expected.

Problem solved!

eadocX Support
    Participant

Happy days.
    I have updated our ‘system requirements’ to warn people off of 64-bit office 2013. I think I used 32 bit when I did the testing, but I’ll have to look at the VM to make sure….Very odd.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download