Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Printing Constraints

Home Forums eaDocX queries Printing Constraints

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom Tomasovic
    Participant

Hi!

I am trying to document my system use cases.

In addition to the built-in constraint types, I have defined Triggers and Outcomes. I can assign these types in my scenarios, but I don’t seem to be able to successfully extract them.

eaDocX offers me the option to report on “Sub-types,” including Constraints, Pre-conditions, and Post-conditions. It does not offer me the specific option to report on my Triggers or Outcomes (or, for that matter, invariants or processes, which are basic EA options.

In addition, if I choose to report on Constraints, all of my constraint types are included in the extract. While this gets me my Triggers and Outcomes, it also replicates my Pre- and Post-conditions, which is also not ideal.

It seems my alternatives are to choose one of these two options or to leave all the information in the description of the scenario.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks!

Tom

eadocX Support
    Participant

How have you defined your Triggers and Outcomes ? As separate elements?

Tom Tomasovic
    Participant

Created them as extensions to the Constraints list, so that they appear when creating constraints for Use Case Scenarios.

eadocX Support
    Participant

eaDocX doesn’t support new kinds of Constraint.
    I’ve added this to the backlog for V4.1+ as #161. Probably not available until Q2 2018

Tom Tomasovic
    Participant

OK. Thanks!

Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download