Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Question about table format

Home Forums eaDocX queries Question about table format

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom Tomasovic
    Participant

This may seem like a dumb question, but…

I have defined a number of tables as a part of the profile for my use case element. All the table formats (widths of columns) are identical (for the ones I am concerned with) but, when the document generates, the column widths are different from what I specified.

If I open the document profile and examine the target tables, the definitions are as I expect (so it’s not something being changed in the profile). I have also checked the profile for the underlying elements, and there is nothing that would indicate a difference for different stereotypes.

Certainly has me stumped.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tom

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah – I love this one….I have spent many (un) happy hours trying to find out why it does this.
    What I KNOW is that eaDocX sends some HTML to Word for each table, and that usually includes the column width.
    Word then looks at this and thinks “I know that’s what they ASKED for, but what would look nice?”
    So that move stuff around.
    Where there are long strings with no spaces in between, like this_is_a_long_variable_name, then it won’t break the string, but make columns wider. It sometime just tries to make stuff “neat” by just changing widths for no obvious (to me) reason.
    It’s just part of the adventure of gluing two very complex bits of software together – Word and EA – each of which are full of strange behaviors.

Tom Tomasovic
    Participant

😛 👿

LOL!

Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download