Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Relationships joined to instances of ports.

Home Forums eaDocX queries Relationships joined to instances of ports.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Doug Blake
    Participant

I have some component diagrams and because I use many copies of the same component, I have created instances of them on the diagrams. My document is only interested in the relationships used to connect between the ports of the components and in some cases, instances of components.

The normal ports have no trouble but I have 2 distinct problems.

1 The instance components show no table of relationships at all, printing : None instead.

2 An instance component connecting to its container port prints the table but it does not print the relationship note. (The container is a component which contains other components and instances of components)

Is there an omission concerning instances of ports rather than actual component ports?

Regards Doug

Doug Blake
    Participant

I have found the answer to my problem and its not the fault of eaDocX.

Because I had components and instances, I moved all the instances to an invisible folder as far as the document was concerned, when I should have done the opposite. Relationship only relate to instances, not the base components.

OOPs Doug :blush:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download