Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Report showing requirements and tagvalue name/note

Home Forums eaDocX queries Report showing requirements and tagvalue name/note

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rajie Ragbeer
    Participant

Hi

I am currently evaluating EADOCX for its reporting capabilities. So far, it’s quite good. I do have a question which I am hoping someone out there can assist with.
    I have a requirement statements with tagged values. The tagged value is a name pointing to another requirement. So for example, my requirement is:

BR010701, This is the text captured in the Notes field

This BR010701 is tagged using a tagged name My_Rule and a tagged value of My_Rule.001.

This My_Rule.001 has a note of “My other requirement notes go here”.

I create a report with the following:

[table]
    [tr]
    [td]BR010701[/td]
    [td]This is the text captured in the Notes field
    [/td]
    [td]My_Rule.001[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

I would like to create a report with the notes of the tagged requirement instead of the Name. I would like the report to look like this:

[table]
    [tr]
    [td]BR010701[/td]
    [td]This is the text captured in the Notes field
    [/td]
    [td]My other requirement notes go here[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

I have tried to use the attribute of related element but am unable to get this.
    Can you help?

Thanks very much.

Rajie

eadocX Support
    Participant

Is there a relationship in EA to associate BR010701 with My-Rule.001? Other than the description of one has the same string as the name of the other? If so, eaDocX will now print the notes: we don’t match on strings: what to do where there are multiple matches?
    BUT
    If the description field of the BR has an EA link to the MyRule, then you can print a hyperlink to the Rule.
    Better still, link the BR and rule by a connector, then you can do what you want easily.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Or, if you REALLY have to keep modelling things this way, then you can create an eaDocX script. That lets you do pretty much anything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download