Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Sorting across different element types

Home Forums eaDocX queries Sorting across different element types

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Julie Keyes
    Participant

I have a process flow with a mixture of activity and decision elements and I want these elements to appear in my document in the order that they appear in my process flow diagram.

To this end I have prefixed the names of these elements with a number 01, 02, 03 etc which reflects the order they appear in the diagram.

In eaDcox, when I am setting up the profile for each element type, I can setup a custom sort option on the ‘Name’ attribute but this means it sorts within the element types i.e. all activities first and then all decisions.

I can see that there is an Allow free sorting option in EA so that I can manually put the elements in the order that I want in the project browser and I could then change the eaDocX profile for these elements types to use the EA default sort order, but it still seems to sort within element type.

I have just installed the latest version 3.4.3.

Any ideas on how I can solve this issue?

eadocX Support
    Participant

eaDocX doesn’t allow for mixtures of different EA Element Types to be documented together. It will always try to group similar element types into groups, and document them at the same place in the document, using the formatting described in the Profile for that element type. This is how it makes sure that you don’t get, for example, a 1-line table with one element type, then anther element of a different type, then another 1-line table of the first type.
    We realize that, in your case, this isn’t what you want, but it’s fundamental to the whole way that eaDocX works, so sadly not something we can imagine changing.

This might work:
    Stereotype all the elements to something like , then create a profile for the how you want it to print.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download