Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries SQL script does not work in EaDocX Element Report

Home Forums eaDocX queries SQL script does not work in EaDocX Element Report

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Colin Wood
    Participant

I need to create a table of diagram names and versions in an eaDocx Excelreport. I created an EA script (in sql) and thought I could use it in an eadocx element report but generating the section gives no output except ‘failed to create…” The script (attached details) works in EA.

eadocX Support
    Participant

Hi Colin,
    Can you send me the SQL, and an XMI which has a little bit of the data which the SQl should return, then I’ll have look. Sorry this got overlooked 🙁

Colin Wood
    Participant

Please find attached SQL and also a package with a diagram and elements in it. The sql should report the diagram (I reality we have loads of packages with diagrams in them that the SQL reports on)

eadocX Support
    Participant

Whither attachment?

Colin Wood
    Participant

Sorry try these.

Colin Wood
    Participant

I have now installed the latest version of eaDocX 3.8.4.3.
    If I insert an Element TReport, with a Profile Source|SQL Query ‘List diagram version’ (which works fine in EA) and generate the section in eaDocX I get a DAO.Datbase [3075] Syntax error (see attachment) and no output.

Colin Wood
    Participant

Anyone listening?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Yes – just been off with Sparx at Gartner. This one is next-but-one on my to-do list….

eadocX Support
    Participant

I’m struggling with this one- all the SQL which I submit to the Sparx API (where the SQL has come from an EA search (with no diagnostics: just Error=0…).
    So, this is going to take a while.

Colin Wood
    Participant

I’m struggling with this one- all the SQL which I submit to the Sparx API (where the SQL has come from an EA search (with no diagnostics: just Error=0…).
    So, this is going to take a while.

Any progress with this? What do the Sparxians have to say?
    Are you saying that the Sparx API has/may have changed since you tested this feature?

Colin Wood
    Participant

Hello is there any progress/sympathy for this bug?

eadocX Support
    Participant

there is lots of sympathy, but at the moment, no way forward. Sparx have not been forthcoming in providing additional information about the error, and we have no people available at the moment to action it even when they do.
    I suggest you try a work-around 🙁

Colin Wood
    Participant

Elsewhere it says that eaDocX works fine with the release of EA v 13. Are you saying this (rather fundamental)issue is fixed now?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I have not yet checked is this issue has been resolved by EA13. My expectation is not…:-(

Colin Wood
    Participant

Since this capability to drive eadocx with sql searches is included in the marketing literature should it not be included in your test suite for testing new EA versions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download