Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries table of references? (external hyperlinks)

Home Forums eaDocX queries table of references? (external hyperlinks)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Stidolph
    Participant

I need to allocate external references as requirements (these happen to be selected Bluetooth Profiles and Services, as listed on https://www.bluetooth.org/Technical/Specifications/adopted.htm). What’s the recommended mechanism for best interaction of those kind of references with eaDocX?

What I’d like to do is have an Element in the model which summarizes each BT profile/service spec, and has at least a “trace” relationship to the various components (or a “realize”), and have those elements gathered up in one package from which eaDocX produces a table listing spec names, versions, summary sentences, and clickable links to the actual downloadable specs

I’ve done some poking around; nothing seems right (my best so far is a Class stereotyped as a “web page” and I store the URL in the Files proprty, but I can’t get that eaDocX’ed into a hyperlink in the final doc) so I’m wondering if there’s already a “best practice” for external specification handling eaDocX?

eadocX Support
    Participant

Your approach sounds fine: you’re essentially wrapping the the file in an EA Element. Putting the document summary into EA seems very sensible: this is how I’d do it. And as you say, you can then create connectors between the EA ‘document’ and things which want to reference the external document.
    This way, you only have the external File reference in one place. Neat.

I can see how you were struggling to get eaDocX to print the file as a hyperlink: somewhere along the road, this seems to have got lost!
    ..so I’ve put it back into v3.3..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download