Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Tagged values – miscellany

Home Forums eaDocX queries Tagged values – miscellany

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    A
    Participant

I would find it most useful if eaDocx could
    1.Print tagged values which are set on relationships
    2.Print Tagged values’ notes

They’d be both useful when working with domain model when one wishes to describe some extra info about complex attributes.

eadocX Support
    Participant

(1) will be fixed in v3.3
    (2) seems like such an un-natural act on Sparx’ part – to give a Tagged value, which is normally just an additional attribute-with-a-value like any other fixed attribute, some sub-structure i.e. some additional notes, just seems wrong. It blurs the distinction between an attribute (Small ‘a’) and the ‘thing’ which can be attached to e.g. a Class, which is an Attribute (Large ‘A’) which is a thing in its own right. Large A Attributes can have other data (datatype, notes etc) but small ‘a’ attributes can’t.
    So what does it mean to have a TaggedValue with a value AND some notes ? Is it and attribute or an Attribute .
    Not sure I like Sparx’ design here, and supporting it would make a mess of large parts of eaDocX, so, sorry, no prospect of this being included.
    Unless there’s more demand.
    Anyone else using TaggedValue notes ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download