Products

Home Forums eaDocX queries Unhandled Exception When Browse Packages

Home Forums eaDocX queries Unhandled Exception When Browse Packages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jorge Herrera
    Participant

When I try to select some package on EDocX interface I receive a Unhandled Exception error with details:

[code]
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at eaDocXAddIn.EARepository.detailedPackageStructureForModel()
    at eaDocXAddIn.dlgPackageBrowser.reload()
    [/code]

This happens on several EADocX dialogs, for example:

. Model Expert, when try to push the Browse button to select a model package.
    . On Insert Matrix report dialog, when try to select Source or Destination packages, also, none of Matrix templates appears in the combo box on this dialog.

EA ver.: 10.0.1009
    EADocX ver.: 3.2.12.3

eadocX Support
    Participant

Does this happen on all your models? I’m wondering if there’s something unusual about this one model?

Jorge Herrera
    Participant

Yes,

I just verify that this happens in another models, including DBMS and (newly created) file based models.

eadocX Support
    Participant

What environment are you running?
    OS version, VM ?
    If you tried this on EA 1009, and its OK here, so it looks like an environmental thing. We get the EA Package structure using a single DB call which lists all the packages, and it’s this which is breaking.
    The fact that it also breaks when you try to get a list of EA Relationships Matrix reports also suggests its DBMS-related.

Jorge Herrera
    Participant

Yes,

I have created a new EA document (not DBMS) and EADocX can browse the packages. I confirm that this happens on another models using the same DB engine.

DBMS: PostgreSQL 9.2.4
    EA ver.: 10.0.1009
    EADocX ver.: 3.2.13.0

eadocX Support
    Participant

Ah – I think I see the problem.
    I have never tested eaDocX with PostgreSQL, so it’s very likely there will be errors. Sorry about this, but its the first time in 2 years that I’ve come across this DBMS, and we have no plans to add support for it to eaDocX.
    Sorry, but testing time is limited, so we’ll continue to test with EAP, SQLserver, Oracle and mySQL

Jorge Herrera
    Participant

Thanks for the help

Do you have any additional suggestion? Change ODBC driver, etc?

eadocX Support
    Participant

I suspect the answer is in the dialect of SQL which I’m using. I have switches which make it SQlServer/Oracle/etc flavour, but I suspect changing the driver won’t make much difference.
    Maybe move to another DBMS? (ouch!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Compare licence prices

Choose the licence that’s right for you and your team

Prices

Download a free trial

Download eaTeamWorks today for several free for life features, plus no obligation, 30-day trials of all the products: eaDocX, ea Revision Manager, eaSheets, Model Expert and PortfolioManager. Discover for yourself why we sell the world’s best-selling Enterprise Architect extension.

Download